Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Civil War stuff...

So, I do (American) Civil War re-enacting.  Its sort of down on my list of hobbies, doesn't take a top priority in terms of new projects and so on, so it won't make many appearances on this blag.  However, this week I finally got around to adding 5th corps markings to my uniform, ie a red Maltese cross  which my wife sewed to the top of my hat.  Also, I have begun practicing the bugle.  My plan is to practice until I can "figure out" some of the 19th century bugle commands by ear.  So far, all I've figured out is, my cats hate bugle calls.

2 comments:

  1. Love the cross! Was it a patch that Rachel sewed on, or did she embroider it?

    Good luck with the Bugle; you have a few weeks to master it! The poor cats have no choice but to sit back and wait for the cacophony of noise to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cut from a scrap piece and then sewn on.
    -JMK

    ReplyDelete