Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Warhammer 40k, Imperial Guard


Welcome, my nerdlings...

 Lately, I have been working on the geekiest project of them all!  A new army for Warhammer 40,000 which is painted up in homage to my old high school marching band.  Awesome, right?  So, our colors were brown and gold, we were shuttled to and from the games in classic black and yellow school buses, and we were led by our fearless leader, a band director who we called "Commissar" because she wore a black trenchcoat.  I was painting them in quite a rush.  My old 40k buddy from back in the day was coming up for a visit, and I wanted to use them in some small games last week.  I succeeded in getting a platoon of them ready, along with two black and yellow tanks, and a female commissar to lead them.  She was originally a Games Day promo figure from the very late 90's or early 2000's I believe.  The marching band itself is made from Mordian Iron Guard guys which I had lying around, plus some extras from Bartertown. The lascannon is painted up like a bass drum.  Now that these guys are done, my Imperial Guard army is up to about 1500 points, since I still have a platoon of old pewter Catachans and old tanks.  I figure I'll get this army painted up to 2,000 and take a break from them for awhile.  Not much left to paint to get there.  I've got some old heroes and vehicles rattling around in my storage boxes which should just about do it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment